They say you are what you eat, but what if we were also the words we speak to ourselves daily? There may be more resources out there on self-help and bettering relationships with ourselves but we remain in constant search of reassurance whilst unconsciously being our own worst enemy. Placing reminders on our phones or sticky notes around the home to look at daily can assist in bettering the language we use with ourselves.
In this blog post there are 21 mantras designed to be used daily. You can take them and change their meaning or their words, so long as they are BENEFICIAL to you.
- I am worthy, loved and deserving of all the good that comes my way
- I can achieve whatever I set my mind to do
- I am grateful and so fortunate to have woken up today in good health
- I am not defined by the mistakes I have made in the past but by what I choose to do today to better my tomorrow
- Everything I do will always be good enough. When I need to rest, I must take a break and know that it doesn’t make me lazy or worthless
- The words I feed my mind have great power over my thoughts and feelings and therefore I must choose wisely
- What makes me different from anybody else is my greatest strength and I will cherish it each day
- My presence is a blessing to those I surround myself with
- The mistakes I have made and will inevitably make in the future are more opportunities to grow
- Opinions of me will always exist, both good and bad, but they will never define who I am
- I have enough time in a day, I have no rational reason to panic
- I am loved, wanted and appreciated by my friends and loved ones
- It’s okay for me to say no to things
- I feel calm in my comfort zone but I know the most magical growth happens on the other side of fear
- Rejection will come my way, I will trust that it is a higher power’s redirection
- Today I am grateful for…
- What I did or didn’t get done in a day doesn’t matter so long as I tried my best with what I had
- I give myself permission to take a break when the road ahead feels as though it is extending further each day, but I will never give up
- I am not perfect and that is okay
- I choose not to feed myself hateful words that I wouldn’t feel comfortable telling my six year old self
- I will take each day as it comes and enjoy every moment
Nobody is perfect and it’s seldom that we always get it right, if at all. Life presents many challenges and though they make us stronger, we all cope in different ways using various techniques. Wherever you are at in your life right now, make sure you do what you can to ensure you aren’t living each day as your own worst enemy. Look after yourself and be mindful of the words you feed yourself daily, particularly when times are tough.